Saturday, February 4, 2012

Catch up

I forgot to write about my workout on Wednesday.  I did it in the morning and I completed the whole thing.  It was really rough, but I finished.  Today I did workout 3 of week 4.  I changed up the speed work to start out for the first 3 minutes and I ran at 6mph for the last minute of the workout.  I think I'm just going to focus on running for an extended time at 5mph from now on instead of also trying to increase my speed.  I need to be able to run 3.1 miles for the 5K on March 24th.  I'm on schedule to do that, but running faster for longer at the beginning of every workout is going to start interferring with my couch to 5K progress.
I was feeling really confident in my progress this week because I've kept up the running and I was banking a lot of steps (I use the bodybugg to track calories and steps).  But, I worked long, stationary hours on Thursday and Friday and I got on the scale this morning and it was bad.  Tomorrow is the official weigh in.  If I didn't lose the two pounds I set out to lose this week, then I'll start tracking all of my food on here for the next week and I'll be weighing in every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment