Thursday, August 25, 2011

And this is me...

Earlier, I gave you hints of who I am.  I figure you deserve a more thorough introduction and an explanation of why you want to be my friend. 
Six and a half years ago, I moved here, away from all my friends and family, for my job in the engineering field.  It was an exciting time!  I met my husband in the same training session that facilitated the post-it conversations I mentioned before.  My husband, M, and I got married over 4 years ago.  We welcomed our son, W, into the world in December of last year. 
Motherhood is not what I expected.  I love it more than I thought was possible!  One of the many things I’m trying to sort through is my deep, very strong desire to become a stay-at-home mom versus the fear of losing financial stability or a comfortable lifestyle for my son. 
The other items I’m trying to juggle are:
1. SAH Mom vs work (mentioned above)
2. How to manage my household using weekends and the limited time I have after I get home from work during the week
3. How to lose weight and get fit
3a. How to fit exercise into my already stuffed schedule
3b. How to stick to a nutrition plan when sometimes I really just don’t want to cook
4. How to avoid losing my religion in the bustle of everything else.
5. And above all else, keeping as much time as possible to spend time with my son and husband.
We’ll call these my five endeavors.
I’m hoping that you, as my friend, will help me in these efforts.  Items 1-3 have been huge stressers for me recently so I plan on writing to you about these a LOT.
If you want, I’d love an introduction of who you are!  Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment