Friday, January 20, 2012

Inspired

Last weekend I was visiting my parents so I wasn't able to weigh in on my scale.  I lost a pound while there and was super excited but then I stopped paying attention to what I was eating.  This morning, when I did a quick check, the scale read 214.0 pounds.  Not good.  I think some of it might be water weight because I've been focusing on drinking more water, but it still isn't good. 
Recently, I've been reading bendoeslife.tumblr.com.  I have been so inspired!  I'll let you read about his journey on his site, but it inspired me to decide that I would get up yesterday morning and run a 10 minute mile.  I haven't run in a long time and I wasn't running that fast then.  Needless to say, the 10 minute mile didn't happen.  But, I ran on my treadmill at 6 mph for 2 minutes and then completed the first day of the couch to 5K program.  Since I have a 5K scheduled for March 24th, I better get moving on that training.  So, every day that I run, I'll start out at 6mph for as long as I can, at least as long as the last time, and then do the next day of the couch to 5K program.  I hope to be able to run a mile in under 8 minutes but right now that seems impossible.  I also secretly want to run a 10K.  There is one on April 28th.  I put it on my calendar but probably won't register for it until I complete the 5K race.
I was hoping to get up early this morning and run but that just didn't happen.  Tomorrow, it definitely will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment